Friday, October 06, 2006

My Day With Jack

I had a wonderful morning with my 3 year old grandson Jack. I have been picking him and my 8 year old grandson up on Thursday mornings at 7:40 a.m. after I drop off my 12 year old twins at school.

I pick them up and take them to McDonald’s to get breakfast for them and Bo. This morning my daughter was home and getting ready to start a new job today so I brought her breakfast as well. Jack and Josh always get the same thing. A sausage McMuffin sandwich and Chocolate milk to drink. Bo gets pancakes (no sausage) and chocolate milk and my daughter likes the McGriddle sandwiches.

I take the boys back to my house to eat and talk until 8:50 a.m. At that time I take Bo and Josh to school. Ethan and I go back home and enjoy our morning together. Today, we played video games down stairs. (Jack played I watched) It took me about a 1/2 to figure out how to turn the game system on.

I just really enjoyed my morning with Jack!

Jack tells me everything I want to hear. I ask him who his favorite person in the whole world is, and of course, he tells me Na, Na is. (HEE, HEE that is me)

I ask him who he loves the most in the whole world, he says Na, Na. (I love it)

I felt really special, until one day, I took him on my route. My daughter called me on the phone. Jack wanted to talk to her. He talked to her for a while telling her how much he loved her and he missed her. He went on and on! After he gave me back the phone he looked at me and said, "Na, Na who was that" I was ROFL at him. I didn't feel so special after that. I do still ask him if I am his favorite and who he loves the most, just to make myself feel good!

I dropped him off at home around 12:00 p.m. at which time I head off to work.
After work, it was off to church for Worship team practice! We had a great practice tonight, I love being with that group of Believers. Practice ended at 7:30 p.m. I had practice with the quartet I am in after that, we are going to sing "He came down to my Level" on Sunday morning for special music. After that, I went out and had coffee with a group of friend's. It was a great time of fellowshipping with one another. I then had to go make sure our church building was in good condition until I give it a good cleaning on Saturday, in preparation for Sunday's Worship services.

I better head off to bed, tomorrow brings work in the a.m. at my house cleaning job, The Motor route after that, and then I am going to take my boy's to the "Homecoming parade" and the football game tomorrow evening.

It should be a rather rewarding day!


Anonymous said...

sounds like a fantastic day!

Jim said...

Did you ask Ethan how to turn the machine on? These little kids are so smart.
Do you have a slow down day? You are showing us the reason parents and Grandparents are generally young--a lot younger than me.

jel said...

sounds like you had a good time ,

have a great day!

Barb said...

Just when I was thinking maybe I was getting a tad old, my daughter presented me with my first grandson. I feel amazingly younger now - you have to - in self-defense! Don't you just love it?

dot said...

Jack sounds like a cute litte guy. Glad you got to spend some fun time with him.

Jon Cox said...

Haha, GREAT POST! You always have such cute stories! :o) Have fun at Homecoming! Thank you so much for stopping by, I'm very glad you enjoy my latest work! It depends on the size as well as what I use, some projects take abot a day & some take up to 5 days. The Longnecks took about 3 days each while the Saber-Tooth took about a day and a half. Thank you again! :o)

Revee said...

I really enjoyed reading about your day with Jack! What a fun time you must have with your grandkids. :)