Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Husband's Birthday Party



I almost thought my husband’s party would not go on. My little guy (Bo) got sick after I left for work. I didn’t really know what to do besides call all the people to inform them so they could make the decision to come over or not. My granddaughter is only 5 months old, so I didn’t want her to get the flu if that is what Boaz was sick with.
Everyone decided to still come over for the party.

We had a great time! My husband received some very nice gifts.
He received a heart monitor for exercising, a Bible cover, 3 Michael Card CD’s, (We already have tickets for his upcoming concert in September) A travel mug for his hot tea, A meat thermometer, (this is for his grill, it sits inside the meat and reads outside the grill so he doesn’t have to keep opening up the lid and letting the heat out) A vegetable chopper, (My husband is a vegan, this means he doesn’t eat meat, eggs, or dairy products) and a gift card to Barnes and Nobles. (He loves to read)

For his birthday meal, he wanted Vegan burgers, (everyone else had real meat) cucumber cut up from our garden, Corn on the cob, Chips and dip, (for the guest, my husband doesn’t eat junk foods) and Vegan bake beans.

He wanted a homemade Chocolate Vegan cake
I made a confetti cake with white frosting for the guest

That just about covers the party

All in all I think the party went well.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Bo is doing a lot better. Thank you so much for asking. It must have been a little flu bug.