Wednesday, July 05, 2006

People's Opinion of Us

I sat the other day in a restaurant with my family. I was having a conversation with Bo about our up coming Zoo trip. He stopped what he was saying and told me (his Mom) what beautiful eyes I have. He said, he always thought they were brown like his.(My eyes are blue) My husband chimed in and said, I told you that your eyes were beautiful, not only beautiful, but captivating. I asked him what he meant by that. He said, they have a way of drawing people to them. I am still a little confused by his comment. That was their opinion of my eyes.

I got an email from a man, he is an artist. He asked me, if he could paint my portrait for his art exhibition. I had to think about this and ask my husband if this was o.k. I know this man, and his wife well, so I felt comfortable doing it. I went today to his studio, so he could take all the picture's he needed of me. He has an art exhibition in August,he would like to add my picture to his other paintings. He took about 200 different shot's of me. I asked him why he would pick me to paint. His opinion was that I have a unique look. I have very high check bones, a nice dimple, and very capivating eye's. (There was that word again) His wife said, she thought the picture would really add alot to his collection of paintings. I couldn't believe it when I saw his paintings. They were breathtaking. His wife is very beautiful,he captured all of her finest details. In his opinion, my painting will be wonderful.

On Sunday our Pastor told of a person that is always encouraging, fun to be around, always willing to help out someone in need, always smiling. After the sermon someone came up to me and said they thought that comment was about me. This was their opinion of me.

I received a card a few weeks ago from a person. The card had so many awesome things all about me. Again, this was this person's opinion of me.

These kinds of opinion are wonderful! What do we do about the not so nice opinion about us? I had a friend who made a comment about me, I didn't care for it at all. I no longer talk to this person, or should I say this person no longer talks to me. I took what was said, and got angry. I like the other opinions, but when it was something I didn't like, I got mad. How often, do we take what we like, but reject what we need to change? I'm working on what I need to change! It took me a few weeks to except what was said, and do something about it. It is my opinion that we need to take the good with the bad. Learn how to except and change the bad quilities about us, and learn from them.

Of course this is just my opinion! (giggle)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on both accounts. I do the same thing myself. I love comments that puff me up, but when those comments hurt my feelings, I am ready to fight. It is sad, that you lost a friend, but good that you are learning how not to lose another one.

Anonymous said...

BTW- How exciting that someone asked you if they could paint a picture of you, to show at an art exhibition. I don't know you, but from the looks of your little boy, I am sure you are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your very nice comment!

The friend I lost was really never my friend in the first place. I have learned that in the last month.

I have learned from that relationship that just because you give all to a person doesn't mean you ever had anything to start with.

I sure this will not make sense to you, but this is all I really want to say about this.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear the hurt in your response to me. I am sure what ever happened between you and the person your are referring to will work it self out. I didn't mean to upset you by my comment.

Lori said...

I am sorry if I sounded hurt. I is hard to comment to someone who comes through as anonymous. I am not really hurt over my lost friendship. I was just saying I have come to grips with the fact that there really wasn't every a friendship.