Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sacrifice

I have really been trying to lay aside my selfish behavior and sacrifice the things that I really hold dear for what is right. It is not easy! In order to do what I believe is right in God's eyes, I have sacrificed friendships. I believe the sacrifices that I have had to make are righteous and Godly or I wouldn't have given up some dear people.

I also let go of my daughter so she could move to Texas because I believe that this is what the Lord has for her life. It is still a great sacrifice on my part. I miss my girl! I talk to her now after just two months away and she is back to being my Becca again. She sounds so happy and upbeat when I talk to her. She is serving in my Dad's church! I feel the sacrifice I made by letting her go, saved her life. We had such a wonderful, spiritual talk yesterday. God has answered my prayers and is working in my daughter's life.

The very definition of "sacrifice" shows us that it entails giving up something. In most cases, the something is very important to us.

1 : an act of offering to a deity something precious; especially : the killing of a victim on an altar
2 : something offered in sacrifice
3 a : destruction or surrender of something for the sake of something else b : something given up or lost

No comments: