Friday, December 29, 2006

My Christmas Week!

I am feeling so much better this evening than I have in days. I have just the slightest headache now. I was feeling so bad earlier in the week I had to not go into my Janitors job. This is very unlike me to not go into work.

Thank you for all of your prayers.

Last week was a very busy week for me, trying to get all of my Christmas shopping done and still work all three of my jobs, attend a party Saturday evening, host a Christmas Eve party after church on Sunday and have people over for Christmas day. I also had to prepare and sing three specials with the trio I am in for our Christmas Eve morning service and still lead Worship. Something had to go so sleep went out the window.

This old body told me never to attempt something like that again. It was so bad Christmas morning on my motor route I had to put my children on the speaker phone and ask them to take turns talking to me so I could stay awake and not get into an accident on my route. It is such an awful feeling to keep falling asleep while you are driving. My body just didn't want to stay awake! That was not a wise or mature thing to do on my part.

I had a get together on Christmas Eve for my mother-in-law's sake. Her sister is dying of cancer and instead of coming to our house on Christmas day she wanted to drive down to see her sister and spend Christmas day with her. I knew my children would want to see there Grandma and give her the gifts they bought for her, so I had her and my brother-in-law over for a Christmas Eve party. I knew they would leave around the time my husband had to leave for work so I thought this would work out just fine and give me time to wrap the rest of the gifts for everyone and still get a little sleep.

As my son and daughter-in-law were leaving out the back door, friends of ours from Tennessee were coming in the front door. I loved seeing them and I am not complaining that they stopped in to see us. They were very dear friends of mine. My children spent a great deal of time at their house when I was home schooling. Karen would keep my boy's while I did the motor route. They stayed for about 3 hours! They left about 8:30 p.m. and I still had to clean up my house, make all of my pies, wrap the rest of the gifts, get the stockings put together and put all the gifts for our children under the tree in some order so we would be able to had them out the next morning.

My husband came home from work around 12:30 a.m. and put all the stocking together for me so I could lie down for and hour. I was able to get ever thing done before I had to leave for work at 2:30 a.m.

Christmas day went just fine; I was able to keep going with a lot of help from coffee. Our guest all came over around 2:00 p.m. we had Christmas dinner, opened presents and ate desert before having to leave to attend a Christmas gathering at 7:00 p.m. at my Step-dad's and mom's house for Christmas with my family, all 50 of us. It was loud and crazy with everyone opening present but I have to say I loved every minute of it.

I am ready for a year before we celebrate Christmas again. : )


J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I know what's been your problem --- you're working too much!!! Glad you're feeling better, though. Sorry that I didn't check on you to know about it.

Deepak Gopi said...

Hope you r perfectly all right now.
HappyNew year to u and family

dot said...

Lori, It's not good for you to keep going like that!

e-Mom said...

Lori, try to take it easy this coming year. On a positive note, I'm sure you're never bored! :~)

Susie said...

You certainly stay busy! Sending prayers that you can get some rest and have it a bit easier in the New Year!