Monday, November 06, 2006

The Awana Grand Prix

Wow! I don't know were to start with my weekend. Friday was a busy one, I worked my cleaning job in the morning, the route in the afternoon, and my daughter had her first Mary Kay party Friday evening. I took one of my routes off so I could clean my house and make cookies and brownies for the party. She had 8 women show up; I thought that was pretty good for her first party. One of the young women signed up to have a party at her house so that was very good for my daughter. My daughter used me as her model; she made me up so the other ladies could see how to apply their makeup. I don't want to brag but I loved the makeup she put on me so much I bought it. I told her she has to show me how to apply the makeup the way she did. That just about covers my Friday evening; except for the fact I had to run the twins to a birthday party before the Mary Kay party started. I made it through the evening with a few hours of sleep before having to start the next day.

I left to go to my AA News motor route at 2:30 a.m. I returned home around 8:15 a.m. just enough time to throw myself together to make it to our Awana Grand Prix by 9:00 a.m. check in. The races went great! I won first place in the Chums/Guard group. I feel a little badly now that they moved my car down, instead of racing in the open division. I am sure one of the girls would have like that first place trophy. Oh well, it didn't work out that way. Bo won first place in the Pals/Pioneer division better the record in time at our church. His car ran a 3.35, my car ran a 3.42. Bo won over all for bragging rights.

I already blogged about the National Anthem, what I didn't post was me humming my started note until it was my turn to sing. People were talking to me and then they had a little Gospel message for the children before it was my turn to sing. I left during the Gospel message so I could find my starting note. I didn't want to start too high or to low. Anyway, I got through that without to much pain. : )

I did my normal Saturday cleaning and getting my advances.

Sunday we didn't go to church, Jimmy came home from his friend’s house on Saturday with a fever and a sore throat, Bo had a fever and soar throat on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and this morning. I took him to the doctors this morning to make sure it was Strep. It is Hand-foot-and-mouth disease.

Hand-foot-and-mouth disease is a mild but highly contagious viral infection common in preschool children. Hand-foot-and-mouth disease is characterized by sores in the mouth and a rash on the hands and feet. It spreads from person to person, usually through unwashed hands or contaminated surfaces. The most common cause of hand-foot-and-mouth disease is coxsackievirus infection.

Hand-foot-and-mouth disease isn't related to foot-and-mouth disease (sometimes called hoof-and-mouth disease), which is a highly infectious viral disease found in farm animals. You can't contract hand-foot-and-mouth disease from pets or other animals, and you can't transmit it to them.

There's no specific treatment for hand-foot-and-mouth disease.

We didn't go to church yesterday due to everyone being sick.

This week I am not as busy as my life has been. Tonight is a free night; I am going to start dinner soon and do laundry this evening.

I love it when life slows down.


Gwen said...

Hi Lori & Bo.
Thank you so much for your visit,
hope all the "Sickies"are on the mend. After your busy week,nice that you get time to slow down.

PEA said...

Well you certainly had a very busy weekend and I'm glad that you'll be able to take it a bit easier this week! I haven't gone to a Mary Kay party in over 20 years but I do remember liking their makeup! Congratulation on winning first place in the Chums/Guard group!! Hope the hand-foot-and-mouth disease goes away soon!!

Linda said...

Whew! Another super busy weekend!!
The Mary Kay party sounds like fun. I always ask my daughter for makeup and fashion advice. I am So not "with it" any more.

e-Mom said...

Mary Kay has some wonderful products. I bought some of them several months ago, which I'm still enjoying. Glad you've had a chance to slow down a little tonight!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lori ~ What a busy weekend you had
but I am so glad you enjoyed the Mary Kay make-up party and the time with your daughter was so nice. Glad you can ease up a bit. Thanks for your comments. I am glad you find something fun to read.
Take care, Cheers, Merle.

jel said...

I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!


mouse said...

The Mary Kay party sounds like a lot of fun along with the brownies and such. I am terrible at putting on make-up but love it when someone else puts it on for me. Hope the boys are feeling better soon. Tell Bo congrats on his car winning, we use to do that with the Cub Scouts and it was always fun.