Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Fall Schedule

The school year has started out with a bang! I have two freshmen and a 6th grader still in school. It took me a few weeks to get back into the swing of things but I am enjoying all the action. Bo is in Soccer, he has had two games already. He is on a travel team so we will be traveling a bit. Last week, and this weeks games were home. Next week we will be traveling to Howell. Bo's team is 2-0 so far. This pretty much ties up our Tuesday and Thursday evenings for practice and Saturday or Sunday afternoon games. I just love watching him play.

I've been exercising everyday, I also try to mow the lawn when it needs it and get as much extra exercise in as I can. They say Chemo patients have a tendency to gain weight when they are on steroids. I have still kept my weight to a twenty pound weight loss. Exercising also helps if you are going through a hard time. My spirits have been up and I see things in a whole new light. Even with my boy on his seven months deployment and my daughter being in Texas I am doing pretty good.

My twins are conditioning with their dad for their up coming wrestling season. They condition three days a week. At first, I thought the boy's weren't going to be able to handle it. I really think they enjoy working out with their dad. I'll write about their season when it begins.

Our Wednesday evening programs starts up next week. I won't be working in Awana this year. I'll be taking the year off and going to Bible Study with my husband. I will be helping out in Jr. Choir again this year. It will start up the first Saturday in October.

I have two cleaning jobs that I do now, one of them is on Tuesday and one is on Wednesday. This is only every other week. This is in addition to my 2 motor routes and my Janitors job. I like to stay busy! The extra house cleaning jobs don't affect my family because they are all in school now. I think I have my schedule for the Fall and Winter months pretty well down now.

Yes, I'm still singing on our Worship team at church. We are starting up a new service starting tomorrow. It is a full contemporary service in addition to a Blended/contemporary service. I will be singing on our Contemporary service at
11:00 a.m. each week. I'm so excited to see what the Lord has in store for our church now. I pray this brings in a lot more people. I'll update what the Lord is doing in a few months.

Well, I'm off to my Janitors job.

7 comments:

SJ said...

I have such respect for you - I don't know how you keep up with all you do! I get tired just thinking about it. I know you're a blessing to people in so many ways. God bless you for all you do!

Jim said...

Hi Lori, yes, you are a hard worker. My Dad was like that, sometimes I would sit and envy him.

What I really wanted to say that your "daughter being in Texas" is really a good thing. Even my Dad eventually was glad I moved to Texas. But I couldn't get him to come here. Would you go live in Texas? (Someday you might not have any choice, your kids will take you 'for a ride' and you will end up in Texas. That's what we had to do with Mrs. Jim's Mom.)
Nice to see you keeping up and running,
..

e-Mom said...

Hey girl, you're starting to sound like the old Lori... BUSY. (That's a good thing.) Hey, maybe I should learn how to use the lawnmower too. :~D

BTW, when you have a minute, I have an award waiting for you at Chrysalis. Hugs!

Greg C said...

I can't believe you can do all those things with all that is going on in your life. God is truly blessing you.

Amel's Realm said...

GREAT post, Lori!!! I also find that exercising regularly lifts my spirit up. :-)))) I'm glad to hear your spirits have been up despite everything. :-)))

groovyoldlady said...

You just exude life and joy and the love of God. I always find a reason to smile when I come here!

heiresschild said...

i look forward to the church update and what the Lord will have done there. i used to be a worship leader, and wouldn't mind traveling doing it.