Monday, March 10, 2008

Coaches Awards

My weekend was good! Worship was great yesterday. Our Worship band did special music for Offertory. It was a new song that we will be adding into our worship sets. I'll share it another day this week. I love it! It is called "Let the praise Ring" by Lincoln Brewster.

This was my thoughts as I was leading worship yesterday. As I have stated many, many times on my blog, I love to write down my thoughts, good or bad so I can get them out of my mind. Some I like to keep, when I am having a bad day, I can go back to them so I can remember.

This was my thoughts about our Worship yesterday, I sent this to the other members of our team.

I so enjoyed worshiping our Awesome Lord today. As we were leading, I looked around at all of you and this thought came to my mind. "I love doing this!" Joy filled my soul, and I could legitimately say I was having "fun!"

I looked out over the congregation and I saw smiles and people really worshiping our Merciful, and Gracious God.

I Corinthians 10:31 whether we eat or drink, or whatever we do, we're to do it all for the glory of God.

How great that we can say our "fun" is Worship.

I've already listened to our worship CD several times today, already. Yes, Jimbo, you did a great job with the mix. Thank you for your hard work.

I pray you'll have a blessed week!

Your sister in Christ,

Lori

Oh, I had a bad dream again yesterday-Not like the ones before but about my daughter.

I'll share-

In my dream, Becca (My daughter) came home for a visit. We were sitting at the kitchen table and Grandma (my mom)was with us. My daughter said,"Mom you sure seem like your doing o.k. with me being away now". Grandma said, "sure she is, just wait." I went to tell Bec in my bubbliest voice how wonderful I was doing and burst into tears. I woke myself up bawling my eyes out. Boaz was standing by the side of the bed and asked me what I was so upset about. I told him and he said, "Mom, Becca has been gone for a long time and you are still crying like that". He then ran downstairs and told his brothers. John came and stood in our bedroom door and in his low raspy voices said, "Mom, you ok now". He is my protector! Silly dreams! Goodness, do you think I'll cry every time she leaves, in my dreams or real life?

At the banquet yesterday, John, received the Coaches award. If you would have seen him last year, you would never think this could be possible.

Coaches Awards: Wrestlers that work hard in practice, have that never quit attitude, and display club leadership qualities. I'll take a picture of it later.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I know just what you mean about enjoying worship and loving what you're doing. I feel that way about playing the piano in church.

Anonymous said...

Oh my daughter

You will always miss your children, even when they live a few miles away. You will always be needed in one way or another.
Why because God planted in a Mom's heart as His heart to love and protect our children as He loves and protects us.
You are okay, just a Wonderful MOM!

You are loved
MaMa

Lori said...

Mom,

Oh boy! Just think I have three more to go. I'll be crying all the time then.

Please don't worry about me! Jess called today, many times. She made the appointment seem like a treat for me because she said I got to see my grandchildren when I was done. I promised I would make a doctors appointment this morning.

Love you,

Lori

Lori said...

Kathy,

I thought maybe you would understand how I feel about worship. I would love to be able to hear you.

blessings,

Lori