Monday, November 19, 2007

I made it through the Weekend and Lived!

I made it through the weekend and survived! Most people find the weekend a relaxing time! My weekends are my busy time! I feel as if I were beaten this morning! Sometimes, I forget just how “really old” I am.

Like I wrote in my earlier post; Friday evening I helped make up bags for the Homeless ministry. Saturday, was very busy as well! Saturday morning my husband and I went out shopping our Thanksgiving meal. My husband has to work in the afternoon so we are just going to have a light lunch together and then I will be heading out to my brother's house for our Annual Thanksgiving Day feast. My brother's house will be filled with many family members and friends.

I always make and take the deserts! I did lose my head and asked my sister-in-law what I could bring and my brother half jokingly said "CHEESE CAKE". It jogged my memory that I take the deserts. (I'm losing it) For the last, I don't know how many years, I have taken the deserts. I can’t believe I forget this year. (I don't like growing old) or to much on my plate right now. Two weeks and things should slow down a bit.

The following items are what I will be taking to my brother's house:

All of my nieces and Nephews look forward to my Cheese Cake; so that is on the top of the list.

Choc. Chunk cookies
Sugar cookies
Macadamia nut cookies
Pumpkin Pie
2 other kind of pies but for the life of me, right this minute, I can't remember what I bought? I think it was Choc and Vanilla. This is for my Step-Dad!

After we returned from shopping; my husband had to head off to work and I headed off to help with the scene and last minute stuff, for the Cantata. We had practice for the Cantata at 5:00 p.m. so at 4:15 p.m. I had to head to my Son and Daughter-in-laws to pick up Boaz. After Choir practice I still had to clean the church. I have worked as a Janitor for our church for the last 2 years. I finally got home around 10:30 p.m. Bo and my grandson Josh work for me on Saturday's; let me say this really helps. I do have to say those two little fella’s work well together.

I talked to Aaron when I got home! He called right when I walked in the door! Our conversation was really cute. I was the sounding block for one of his roommates. He is going to ask his girlfriend to marry him. He wanted to know my option on which way he could ask her.

First scenario: He is going to buy a dozen roses and place them at the door to her house. He will ring the door bell and run around and go in the back door. When she bends down to pick up the roses he will be behind her on one knee with the ring. I thought this was so romantic!

Second scenario: He told her he was going to get her a bunch of appliances for Christmas. He was going to pack the ring in a blender box, when she opens this there will be another box. ect. You get the picture.

I told him I liked number one more! Every woman wants to be romanced! It is just in our nature. The second scenario is cute but not really romantic, I don't think.

Another one of the his roommates asked me this question; Would I write to a Sailor that didn't get any mail? I told him, of course I would, in a heart beat. Aaron took care of the mail when he was a recruit. He said, there were guys that didn't get one letter the whole while that they were in Basic training. (How very sad) I did tell them that maybe people in these boy's families, don't like to write letters.

ANNNNYWAY, I finally went to sleep at 11:30 p.m. and got up at 12:30 a.m. to go to work. Yes, I know I only got one hour of sleep. My body really feels it this morning.

I got home from work about 7:30 a.m. and laid down for an hour and a half before heading to church. Worship was great! And Pastor Brian preached a most excellent sermon. I helped with our Homeless ministry and I finally got home around 3:00 p.m.

let’s just say I was wasted for the rest of the night. When I finally did have enough energy to move it was nine O'clock. The boy's and I spent the next hour cleaning our house before dad got home from work. It was then bedtime!

My husband got home around 10:30 p.m. and told us there had been a prison break last night. The prison is only minutes away from our house. There were cops and Helicopter’s flying over for hours. I am a big chicken so this had me really scared. If I tell you what happen the week before, you will then understand my fear. That will be another post.

I have to run and get my babies up for school and get this old body on the treadmill for my morning workout!


These are the bags we made Friday evening. I am not a very crafty person but I finally figured out how to do the feathers. Lets just say, the other leader's and I laughed a lot at ourselves making these bags with the girls.

64%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?

Are you addiccted to blogging

No comments: