Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spring is Coming!


Is there any better time of the year than spring? Not for me. I only have to wait another month!

It was such a beautiful day yesterday! I enjoyed my paper route so much, it didn't feel like work but a day to enjoy what God has given us.

The things I love most about Spring coming is the sun comes out from hiding, the snow melts, the grass changes from brown to green, and you can feel the air getting warmer as each day passes. I love the smell of Spring, it has smells that are like no other season. If you look around at people, they seem happier and more up-beat during the spring. I know I am more upbeat in the Spring. Spring brings new life!

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

When Jesus Christ comes to us he says, "It is time for something new." He does not say that it is time to shed certain practices from your life or to add religion to your life. It is time for a totally new beginning, new life, new hope, new strength and a new vision. It is time to be made a new creation. That is what the gospel says.
This verse reminds me of spring, the old dead leaves, flowers and grass have died and in spring we see a new life.

Spring brings weddings, graduation parties, picnics in the park ANDF my boy will be home for a few weeks after his 7 month tour on the Navy ship.


Spring is my favorite time of year for sports. For one reason only: I love being outdoors in the fresh air and in the bright morning sun. This Spring Boaz, Josh and Ethan will be playing soccer. I love being a a soccer Mom and Grandma. I have been a mom of many sports; Baseball, Football, Wrestling and Soccer. I have to say I really don't have a favorite. Baseball was always one that I loved because I got to be outside in the sun, now soccer has taken the place of baseball.

Another great sporting event during the spring is The Masters, the greatest golf tournament in the world. It’s a beautiful golf club that hosts an amazing tournament every year. Every pro golfer’s dream is to win at Augusta National some day. My husband and I use to watch golf on T.V. every year when we first got married. I just loved watching Greg Norman play golf. (I loved his accent as well: ) Greg Norman came close to winning The Masters but could never pull it off. I guess for me I loved his aggressive golf game, and charismatic demeanour. I remember they called him "The great white shark."

This Spring I want to be out golfing, or at least going to the range to hit some balls. I might even be able to talk my husband into going golfing with me. Before our twins were born, each Spring my husband and I would be out on the golf course golfing. I can't golf very well but I love being outside in the fresh air and the sunny weather.

Did I mention that I love spring?

4 comments:

Greg C said...

Yes you mentioned that you love spring but I never dreamed that you were a golfer. I am ready to hit a few too. Very soon I will be taking a day off and my wife and I will be playing.

Greg C said...

Do you need more plants?

Unknown said...

I'm with you, Lori - I love spring! We just got back from Tennessee. I love to go a little south this time of year and get an early taste of it to hold me over until it arrives here. It's so easy to be thankful in spring!

Anonymous said...

Greetings man. I am only I start to studyweekly exercise program
I have visited a site http://program.v3host.be/?cat=83.
Much to our regret I have very little found out about it.
You can probably tell to me a good site about cardio exercise program.
I will be very glad.
Thansk