Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New Car!

I received this email from my daughter today. She moved to Texas back in April! It sounds like she is doing well.

Hi Mama,

I am responsible now. Not that I wasn’t before… he he!!

I bought a ‘2006 Saturn Ion’ color is goldish. Power locks, windows, has a very nice radio/cd player. About 30 thousand miles on it. Warranted.

Anyways, just thought I would share that info with you… love you lots!!!!

Love, becca

I think perhaps, Bec, just needed to get away from her mother? I think it was hard for me to look at her like she was adult living in our home. I still found myself wanting to help her out, clean up after her, I think you understand where I am going with this. I was keeping her a little girl! I think now, she will be able to grow-up and become the woman that God wants her to be. Letting go is soooooo hard for me. I have, cut the strings!

7 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

good for her! :)

Choc Mint Girl @ Crystal said...

I was about to say the same thing, "good for her!!" ;D

e-Mom said...

The lady has wheels! PTL! :~)

Kathy said...

I understand what you mean. It is hard for me to let go of my kids, too.

Mike M said...

My daughter is making this move very soon. I'm scared out of my wits!!

Amel's Realm said...

Letting go isn't easy indeed. I have no kids yet, but I find that it's one of the toughest lessons in life for me he he he...

groovyoldlady said...

I have SO been there and done that! Even when they just come back to visit...and they're MARRIED I find it difficult to just let them be in the same way I'd let a friend be.

We moms are works in progress, eh?